Ms. Smarty Pants Ms. Smarty Pants Facebook Instagram Pinterest About Me Shop Freebies Contact Image Map










Monday, February 4, 2013

Manic Monday Telling Time

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday
I am revisiting an old post today! =) 
A few weeks ago, we began our unit on time. 
I am leading into the unit reading A Second is a Hiccup by Hazel Hutchins. I love this cute and catchy rhyming story about the concepts of time.


We are going to be doing a bunch of activities from Step Into 2nd Grade with Mrs. Lemons' It's About Time unit. I love her products, and more importantly, my kids do too! There are lots of lessons breaking down the concept of time.
Between her lessons and my mini-lessons, the math is covered!

I have been trying to be more thematic-like in my planning, so I am pulling in some reading and writing.
I'll be reading The Grouchy Lady Bug by Eric Carle.

I made this quick little planning map and writing paper to tie into the story. I thought it needed a cute ladybug to go with it! Click here!



6 comments:

  1. Love the time activity and the Grouchy Ladybug!

    Teresa

    2nd Grade Pig Pen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Grouchy Ladybug! Thank you for the adorable freebie. My sons will love it!! :-) Lauren Teacher Mom of 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I love Eric Carle--my favorite illustrator! Well one of them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...