Wednesday, July 25, 2012


Hey all! Summer school finished up last week and I have been enjoying my summer break. I hope you are too! Today we were stuck in the house with a sick munchkin, so I started working on somethings for my classroom. I needed a new set of days of the weeks and months of the year for the calendar. The calendar poster I got has a lot of bright colors, so here's what I made. 

Click the photo to grab it! 

Monday, July 9, 2012

Common Core Standards

Hi all~ Well, they are finally done! My Common Core Teacher & Kid-friendly standards are done! I had some requests for different fonts and backgrounds. So, right now there are 4 sets at TPT. All of the sets can be used as in a pocket chart or clipped together for display. Each standard and kid-friendly card is about 4 inches wide, 7 inches long.

 #1 This first set has a ball/stick font and uses less color. 

#2 This set is the same ball/stick font and uses A LOT of color! 

#3  This has a different font, which I love! 
The font has the little balls on the end, like my blog. 

#4 This is the same font, but with A LOT of color! 

I love how they came out! 
So much so, I am giving away a set to the first 2 people to comment! Leave your choice of cards and an e-mail address in the comments. I'd love some feedback, so tell me what you think! 

Monday, July 2, 2012


One of my first purchases from TPT was from Amanda Nickerson at One Extra Degree. I have to say, it has been my favorite and most used purchase. (You can check it out by clicking the picture.)
Each comprehension strategy is tied to a tool.
 This is the toolkit I made using Amanda's instructions. 
(I added the caution boarder. I also labeled each of the tools.)
My students loved to use the toolkit. It was great for my visual and tactile learners. 

I ended the year with synthesizing. We learned this cute poem I found on Pinterest. (The link no longer works. =( So if this is your's, please leave a comment so I can credit you! )
I also recreated the toolman. He's from Scrappin Doodles. The kids helped label and define all the strategies.
We read a few poems and charted our synthesizing on this. 
Then to show what their synthesizing, they read a poem and completed their own graphic organizer.
At the end of the week, and after much practice, the students selected their own text. They used this graphic organizer to show their thinking.
 I have gone back and tweaked it some. I added some anchor chart statements to help the students create "I am thinking" statements. 
Grab your copy here!
Don't forget to enter my give-away! 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...