Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Mr. Fish and the Bio Bubble

Last week, I came home to this bog box on my doorstep. 
It is a Bio Bubble. Have you heard of them? They are these really cool habitats. There are 2 different models- Terra and Aquatic on sale this week for 46% off at educents. This is a steal!
I received the Aquatic Bio Bubble. How cool is it? 
 It arrived with all sorts of accessories. 
I am pretty good at putting things together, like in the box furniture and such. I wasn't sure how good I would be at this! But it was easy-peasy!  Each piece came with specific instructions of how and where to place the parts. If you are visual like me, I loved that the instructions had step by step pictures. 
First this is how it looked when it was expanded...
 Then I just put in one part after the next. This was the seal. 
 Then the filter...
 and the ring to seal the filter...
 Here it is in place. 
 Then the filter fits right in...
 
 Next comes the little bubbler thing...(I have no idea what this is called!) 


 I took it to school to have my students help me create the aquatic habitat. 

They took turns filling it with water, 3 gallons!
Then we added some plants and a No Fishing sign. We put in the drops to prepare the water.
Today, we added Mr. Fish and some food! Bloodworms, anyone? YUCK! 
 Mr. Fish was a bit confused at first, but then he took to hanging out on the No Fishing sign. 


 I went with a Beta fish because I have to be honest, I am not the best at fish care! Plus the salesman at the pet store had me a little freaked out about mating goldfish. I really wanted Glow Fish, but they were not looking so hot in the store. I figured the Beta was the safe bet for my first attempt at a class pet! 
 My students are loving watching Mr. Fish. I have 12 students for summer school and none have ever had a fish before. So this is a learning experience for all of us! 
If you want to find out more about the Bio Bubble, head on over to educents to check it out! You won't be disappointed. 


2 comments:

  1. This looks so cool. I am going to have to check this out! BTW you did a great job of putting it together!!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Too bad it is no longer at Educents!

    misty

    I MOVED! Check out my new site:
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...