Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 1 For the Love of Teaching

Hi friends! Welcome to Day 1 of for the LOVE of teaching blog hop! I am so excited to be working with 13 other bloggers to bring you some amazing freebies to help you prepare for Valentine's Day in your classroom. For the next 14 days, as you blog hop, you will be treated to many sweet activities! From each of our blogs, you will be able to follow the linky below to collect the love!
I am lucky enough to be up first with a math game for you...
This math station will help your students to practice or review identifying tally marks and number words. 
(Please ignore my dirty carpet...I have been begging for a steam cleaning!)
 This is a two player game. 
The student selects a card and reads how many tally marks. 
 Then they find the closest number word to their marker on the board and place their marker there. 
 Students move back and forth on the board until the reach the finish. 
Click on the photo below to download. 

Frog Spot Blog From the Pond

 I hope you and your students enjoy this sweet treat!
I love to hear how my activities are working in your classroom. So stop back and comment on how you used the activity. =) 

For Day 2, you will be heading over to Cyndi at 

Thanks for stopping by!
 
The linky below is ONLY for the participating bloggers. It is set-up for you to be able to hop from the 14 blogs.   
Please do not link up with your blog or products. You will be removed. Thank you.  

30 comments:

  1. Super excited about the blog hop FREEBIES!
    Merinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! =) I can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

      Samantha

      Delete
  2. This is a fabulous game! PERFECT for my first graders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am loving your candy tags too! Now I have to get busy making them!
      Samantha

      Delete
  3. WOW! I am so excited to be here! Thank you for a Day 1 SWEET freebie! Can't wait to see what's next!
    Happy Friday!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!!! This is perfect for my first graders!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did I miss that you teach first too??? =)

      Samantha

      Delete
  5. Super cute! Thanks SO much!!!
    Hope you've entered my huge giveaway!
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am headed over there now!

      Samantha

      Delete
  6. Just gave you a little Shout Out for all your work organizing this blog hop :)
    Laureen
    Teach With Laughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet. Thanks a bunch!
      Samantha

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for the freebie. Tis too cute. I will play it with my pink-obsessed homeschooler. She will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you like it. =) My nieces are homeschooled. What grade is your daughter in?

      Samantha

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great freebie and very useful for my math center rotations. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love math rotations! My kids are finally getting the hang of it!

      Samantha

      Delete
  10. Just realized I hadn't thanked you for this cute freebie! I love it! :-)

    Cynthia
    2nd Grade Pad

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog through the blog hop. What a cute idea! Thanks for Tally Trouble-it's perfect!

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you get a lot of use out of it!

      Samantha

      Delete
  12. Awesome! I can't wait to use it with my students as some of them continue to have difficulty understanding tallies. Thanks for sharing this game! Stop by my blog and say hi!

    Kristi
    Lucky In Learning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few who were struggling also. That is where the game was born. =)
      Headed over to see your blog!

      Samantha

      Delete
  13. Such a cute activity! Thank you so much. Also, thank you for setting up this Blog Hop! It's been a lot of fun!

    Danielle
    Crayonbox Learning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been fun! I've met lots of new people!

      Samantha

      Delete
  14. Thanks so much for the freebie. Found you through the Valentine blog hop - it's great to find new friends out there!

    Sue
    SOS-Supply

    www.sos-supply.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips