Saturday, January 12, 2013

Magic Product Swap


MrsStanfordsClass


It's time for the Magical Product Swap again! I was paired up with Natalie from Teachery Tidbits.  She teaches first grade and has some really cute units. Make sure you head over to check out her blog!
Before Winter Break, my students were thrilled to use her Polar Express Unit. I took pictures galore, but sometime between then and now, they have gone a missing! I am so bummed about not having any pictures because my students were completely engaged in her lessons and activities! 
We started our day with a read aloud of the Polar Express. Then the students completed a beginning  middle, and end reader's response. 
After we finished the reader's response, the kids went off to centers. They loved the story sequencing, which I used in a pocket chart. They had to put the story in order and record their responses. 
The next center was ABC order. I took this activity one step further and had the students write a story using the abc order words. 
 As a review, the students sorted nouns and verbs. 
 In the afternoon, we made hot cocoa. While sipping their hot cocoa and munching on cookies, they completed the "how to make hot cocoa." Their responses were hysterical, as some didn't really pay attention when we were making it. I so wish I had pictures of their writing! 
 Before we watched the movie, the students completed a written response for their favorite part of the book. 
 We finally got around to watching the movie! After the movie, I created a large Venn and we compared and contrasted the book to the movie. 
Natalie has created a great product! It meets Common Core Standards for both literacy/reading and writing. I suggest you put it in your wish list for next year! 

Natalie is reviewing my Math Madness Common Core Calendar

We are so excited with our products,we are both giving a copy of each away! Rafflecopter is being temperamental today, so it says it is open for ten days, but we will pick a winner on Wednesday night. You can enter from both our blogs! 
Scroll down to enter!!!

a Rafflecopter giveawa

I am also participating in the Rockin' Teacher Materials flash drive give-away. 6 grade level flash drives full of teacher products! So make sure you head over and enter to win! It ends Sunday evening. 
 

3 comments:

  1. Your items are adorable! I just had my blog created by the Honey Bunch and saw your blog there. I was hoping you might consider linking up some of these "CUTE" products to my first ever "Too Cute Tuesday" linky party @ PlanningZone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just linked up! Love your cute blog!
      Samantha

      Delete
  2. Oh PLEASE.... This MAth Madness is on my wishlist. I really would love to wint it. And who doesn't love the Polar Express.

    Thank you for the c hance to win!

    Iteachkidsabc@gmail.com
    :o) V.
    Special Teacher for Special Kids

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips