Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Moving Forward Fundraiser

DONATIONS ARE CLOSED
**UPDATED: Check your email and spam. I just sent out the first 100 donation product packages! **

Unfortunately there are times in life when you need to call on others to help you move forward.  For our childhood friend, Jen, now is one of those times. Hurricane Sandy not only destroyed her home, it moved the home 500 yards into a marsh. Nothing was left. This is one view of what it looks like now. 
Jen and her husband, Pedro, have two young children. They need all the help and support they can get. They were featured on Dateline on Friday night. That's when you know the situation is bad...You can see them at 2.14 minutes. 
http://video.msnbc.msn.com/dateline/49669153#49669153
Moving forward is now their motto.  

Knowing that I had to do something, but just not sure what, I called on my teacher bloggers to help me get Jen and her family moving forward. An amazing bunch of talented teachers have offered up their products to help me raise donations for Jen and her family. I have seen amazing things happen and change lives over the blogger world in the past year. Hopefully, we can do the same! 

Now this is where you can help this family get Moving Forward! 
For a $20 donation, you will get all of the following products sent to you! The package of 33 units is valued at approximately $200.
All proceeds will be given to Jen and her family. 
 Click below the pictures to go to their TPT store for more product information.




Penguin Reading Response



Turkey Time 


 Guided Reading Lesson Plans


My Reading Genre Journals 







 Tick Tock Measuring Time



















 Movie Classroom Theme Pack 



For a $20 donation, you will get all of the following products sent to you! The package of 33 products is valued at approximately $200.
Click the donate button below to make your payment through PayPal.
Products will be emailed to the email address used to make payment. (Please do not donate anonymously, or I will not be able to send you the products. =( ) I will try my best to email the products to you within 72 hours. 
DONATIONS ARE CLOSED
Your donations will help this family begin to find a way to move forward.  

Graphics from: 
Frog Spot Blog From the Pond



37 comments:

  1. I am so glad that I can be a part of this. I hope that you get TONS of donations to help your friend in need! I will help spread the word!!
    Good Luck!
    Jennie
    JD's Rockin' Readers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to all of you...the donations are coming in!!! I so appreciate the help!!!

      Samatha

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for what you're doing to help your friend. I feel blessed to be a part of this event. I will do my part to get the word out. Thoughts and prayers are with your friend, and her family.

    Danielle
    Crayonbox Learning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! What a great idea!
    Sending good thoughts and prayers to your friend.
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    bakteach16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! They need all the prayers they can get!

      Samantha

      Delete
  4. This looks amazing! You are such a wonderful friend! Best of luck with this.

    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krista, and thanks for being a part of it!

      Samantha

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad to have found your blog AND this wonderful opportunity. Thanks so much for organizing!! I'm your newest follower. :)
    Growing Firsties - I'm having a Pete the Cat Giveaway soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa!!! I hope you get a lot of use out of the materials.

      Samantha

      Delete
  6. This is absolutely amazing! Your friend and her family are in my prayers! :)

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to let you know that I posted about this on my blog as well! Good luck and God Bless!

    Second Grade is Out of This World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hillary, thanks for sharing! The more the better!!!

      Samantha

      Delete
  8. Thoughts and prayers are being sent to Jen & her family. You're an awesome friend for getting this together! I've just donated and I'm also forwarding this post on to friends. Moving forward... :)
    lorepuckett at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorena,

      Thanks so much for your support!!

      Samantha

      Delete
  9. How long are you going to be keeping this up? I would love to help out (been in a similar place with Hurricane Ike, just not as much damage to my place) but I need to wait for a check to clear the bank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherri,

      I am keeping it up thru the weekend. =) I hope this gives you enough time, if not, let me know!

      Samantha

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have posted this on our blog too! Good Luck!! Hope you get a lot of donations!! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie-
      Awesome! THanks so much for spreading the word!

      Samantha

      Delete
  12. So Happy I found your blog and can do something that will help your friends family and my students at the same time. My blessings pour upon you and Jen and her family
    Charlie Danella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlie. I hope your students enjoy the activities.

      Samantha

      Delete
    2. Samantha can you resend the link to me at danella@cox.net please? Mine did not work. Thanks so much. My previous post was supposed to say "may" blessings not "my". Luckily I teach better then I type. :-)

      Delete
    3. Oops...just saw this! Resending files now!

      Samantha

      Delete
  13. This is wonderful! Teachers tend to be such giving and compassionate people. I hope that you have tons of donations. I just sent mine! Good luck to you, Jen and her family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna. Teachers always seem to ban together when it is needed. =) We are lucky to be so supportive of one another!

      Samantha

      Delete
  14. I just sent mine via my husband's paypal. Prayers for all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for providing a chance to help someone in this situation - more generous on your part than those of us donating, but an ingenious way to organize help.

    Prayers for all of the families.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! What an amazing cause so glad I found the link to this!! Will be spreading the word! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! What an amazing cause! So glad I stumbled across the link!! I will be spreading the word! Thank you all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Please consider opening the donations back up. PLEASE!!!! hcarpenter@ebrschools.org

    ReplyDelete
  19. As a new, inner-city teacher of first graders and a native Long Islander, this was really heart warming to see! I'm gathering since the donations are closed that this was a great success. There are still so many families in need; any chance you'd open the donations back up? I'd contribute any items I can...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips